Friday, April 2, 2010

Love them little young'uns...and their parents, too!

We had a really good weekend last weekend. My daughter and her family came over from Arlington to visit with us for a few days and it was a real hoot.



I had wondered how the interaction between the kids and our rescued Cocker Spaniel would go and I don't think it could have gone much better at all. Once the kids got past the idea that Winston was going to bite their faces off, they had a good time. Wintston was a trooper - he heard 'squeaky' (his toy) squeaked more times that he had ever heard and had to really listen close to obey the kids when they told him to sit or play dead or speak... but the kids were amazed that he obeyed them. Actually, I was too - I had no idea how he would act...but he IS a good dog.


We had a couple of treasured moments that I just HAD to put on here...

First is a picture of all of our 'pets' in their "on your back" pose..



















And then we had them all playing "Dead Dog".




















It really was a sight with Evan running thru the house with Winston right behind...or Ella sitting within reach and getting a fresh 'kiss' from Winston.

I think they all had fun and we did too.

No comments: